This policy explains how we collect information, what we use the information about you for, the basis on which we collect it and your rights.
The information we hold is collected and managed by the following company –
The companies have the registered office Watling Court, Orbital Plaza, Watling Street, Birmingham. WS11 0EL. The Data Protection Officer for the companies can be contacted on 0121 272 3100 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Mis-Sold Claims Assist oversees all of the data management to ensure that compliance with this policy and the data protection rules.
The personal information we collect and hold
Social media lead data
Telephone enquiry data
Face to face sales data
How we use and disclosure personal information
We and third parties may use your personal data for the following the purposes:
- providing you with a personalised service, which may be relinquishing your timeshare and/or providing you with a money reclaim service
- to create your account and to identify you, – you agree to this as part of your agreement to use our services
- processing your orders, registrations and enquiries – you agree to this when making an order or as part of your agreement to use our services
- providing and administering the contracts we provide for you – this is part of the provision of the contract to you
- providing you with information about promotions and products and services we offer – if you have consented to receive such information and not opted out – see below
- sharing your Data with third party organisations who offer products or services which we feel may be of interest to you (if you agree to receive such information) – this is only done with your consent when you use the Site to move to an offer you want more details of.
We will use your data in providing any services you purchase from us. We may share this information with third parties where necessary to provide the service. This information is all used so we can carry out or obligations or rights under these contracts with you. We use your personal information when providing services to:
- administer your product
- deal with any queries or meet any requirements of our regulators – this is a legal obligation on us
To ensure that our services meet a high standard of quality, client files are sometimes checked by our quality assurance staff. Files may also be checked by external auditors. All auditors are bound by confidentiality policies.
Where we process your data, it is subject to our strict internal policy requirements as well as the Data Protection regulations.
How long will we hold your personal information
We will hold the personal information we use to meet the requirements of our agreements with you for the period of those agreements and any further period afterwards that we need for regulatory or other legal reasons (such as to defend any claims). This will usually mean that we will hold information for seven years after an agreement ends. We will remove any personal information we do not need when we no longer need it.
Where we have personal information which you have consented for us to use we will hold it for the period the consent remains in force and any other period we need for regulatory or other legal reasons. You may remove your consent at any time.
We will delete any information about you we no longer need. Please see below in relation to your rights to have data erased, rectified or for you to access it and for you to object to any processing or to transfer it.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. These are –
- The right to confirm if we are using data about you and to access details about what we are using and how;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office;
- The right to request we rectify any inaccurate data corrected or to have data which is incomplete for the purpose we hold it completed;
- The right to be forgotten. Which is the right to ask us to delete information about you and if it is appropriate to do so we will do so;
- The right to restrict what we do with data in specific circumstances, including where the accuracy of the data is contested, processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data or if we only need the data to meet legal requirements;
- The right to receive the data we hold about you in a format you can use to transfer the data electronically elsewhere.
You are also able to withdraw any consent you have provided for use to use your data at any time. This is opting out and the process is set out below.
You can opt out by unsubscribing from the benefits communication you receive
Your privacy and data protection is very important to us and we comply with all aspects of the Data Protection legislation and ensure that any third parties we engage do so. You can find out more about your rights to data from the Information Commissioners Office.
Some data processing may occur in other parts of the European Union (“EU”) or outside of the EU. Wherever data is processed your rights under the Data Protection Regulations will be met and we will ensure that any agreement to process your data ensures this and give you rights in the unlikely event of any security breach.
When you visit our websites we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords are not stored in cookies.
A cookie helps you get the best out of our website and helps us to provide you with a more customised service.
Cookies expire once you close your browser.
Please note, that if you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to use certain aspects of our websites.
Cookies on our websites do the following:
- Track your transactions and the way you navigate the site. When you make a purchase it is cookies that give us the information to track your transactions and which retailers you have used. It also tells us which third party sites you’ve clicked through to.
- Keep you logged in to your account for a period of time.
- Allow us to comply with your choices about the display of information in your account.
- Remember the options you select.
- Permit integration with social media sites.
Anonymous Site Statistics
We may automatically collect non-personal information such as the type of internet browsers being used to view our Site. You will not be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this Site.
If you have any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com
(Please note that because of the insecure nature of emails we cannot accept any responsibility for data lost or intercepted in transit.)
Or write to us at:
The Data Protection Officer
Mis-Sold Claims Assist, Watling Court, Orbital Plaza, Watling Street, Birmingham. WS11 0EL
Telephone: 08000 380 002